This is INDEPENDENT, AD-FREE work that you are certainly NOT going to see in conventional media.
Thanks to all who help keep JohnsonAndToxin ad-free, online and me working to expose Johnson & Johnson and their 275+ subsidiaries for the benefit of every man, woman and child on the planet - and that INCLUDES YOU and the ones YOU love.
A judge agreed that records regarding Johnson & Johnson vaginal mesh were lost and destroyed since as far back as 2007. Alex Gorsky was head of medical devices and may be covering up corruption that radiates through the entire company as well as the US Food and Drug Administration.
Keywords: vaginal, mesh, transvaginal, TVT, gynecare, prolift, gorsky, corruption
Date Created/Edited: April 4, 2012
Here we go again ;) Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky is now specifically called out by women harmed by known harmful TVTMesh for tossing tens of thousands of records related to the product. Although articles, such as this one in the Philadelphia Business Journal which states that Johnson & Johnson 'allegedly' tossed the documentation, a judge determined that Johnson & Johnson did, indeed, lose and destroy key files related to vaginal mesh.
The question now is if we think it may have been 'intentional' which is, in fact, tampering with evidence and a whole host of other charges against specific individuals involved with tampering with evidence, I mean, losing and destroying tens of thousands of records regarding TVT Mesh products. Well, jeekers, what motivation might Johnson & Johnson have for 'intentionally' losing and destroying key files related to vaginal mesh products. Here are just a few:
1. Protect J&J CEO Alex Gorsky
Alex Gorsky was head of Ethicon during this latest scandal. Gee, seems he's been the core of a bunch of them! Let's see, Alex Gorsky's Career-Long Cloud of Corruption began with Risperdal at J&J, went to Novartis where he helped with the hiding known risks of Exelon scandal. When he went to Europe, suddenly a crop of bribery charges, and subsequent 'settlement', popped up all over Europe associated with Johnson & Johnson. His corrupt methods are great for sales, but hell for the victims! Then back to J&J for corruption sales of known harmful Metal on Metal hips with lawsuits piling up around the world and now TVT Mesh, yet another of Alex's harmful products. Not to mention butt staplers, insulin pumps and more - all bad under his watch.
2. Protect corrupt managers in the FDA medical devices department that even FDA scientists state are corrupt
Did anyone else catch the fact that the department of the FDA with the greatest corruption is medical devices? This seems to correspond with Gorsky being head of medical devices (such as MoM Hips and TVTMesh). In 2009, while Gorsky was head of medical devices at J&J, FDA Scientists Complain to Obama of 'Corruption' in the medical devices department of the US FDA. Hm. Coincidence? Probably not...
3. Protect J&J from TVT Mesh lawsuits which are piling up around the world
Talk about a global lawsuit nightmare. Let's see, where to start?
US: At least 4,550 lawsuits: Verdict in Vaginal Mesh Bellwether Trial Foreshadows Settlements
Canada: At least 400 in Canada
Israel: $1.8 Billion for 60,000 women in Israel
Scotland: Vaginal mesh lawsuits are escalating in Scotland
Australia: Women Sue Over Medical Device in Australia, oh, and Erin Brockovich jumped in on Australian battle, Erin Brockovich Joins Battle Against J&J for TVT Mesh
Gee, with likely more to come from other countries, this situation is definitely not a motivation for tampering with evidence, I mean, losing and destroying tens of thousands of records related to a product line that has a massive number of lawsuits piling up, literally around the entire world. Hm.
As I've been saying since my article, List of Reasons Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky Should Immediately Resign, written back in May of 2013, it really is time to hold this corrupt critter without a conscience accountable for a career of corruption, and corrupting, spanning more than 20 years - harming an unknown number of trusting patients. Until he and his corrupt crew are gone, any one of us could be the next victim of a known faulty device, known harmful drug and continued carcinogens in our consumer products.
1. Rochelle Rottenstein, Esq. (2014, January 30). Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit News: MDL Court Considers Claim That Ethicon Destroyed Evidence, Rottenstein Law Group LLP Reports. PRWeb. Retrieved from http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11534579.htm
2. Emily Patterson (2012, November 9). Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky's Career Long Cloud of Corruption. Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/alex_gorsky_corruption.shtml
3. Associated Press (2009, January 8). FDA Scientists Complain to Obama of 'Corruption'. FOX News. Retrieved from http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/08/fda-scientists-complain-obama-corruption/
4. Joseph Genovesi (2013, August 27). Verdict in Vaginal Mesh Bellwether Trial Foreshadows Settlements. PRWeb. Retrieved from http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11053221.htm
5. CTVNews.ca Staff (2012, June 5). Company to stop selling pelvic mesh tied to complication. CTV News. Retrieved from http://www.ctvnews.ca/company-to-stop-selling-pelvic-mesh-tied-to-complications-1.835338
6. Itzhak Dannon (2013, October 12). Woman Sues Johnson & Johnson in Possible $1.7 Billion Class Action Suit. Jewish Business News. Retrieved from http://jewishbusinessnews.com/2013/10/12/woman-sues-johnson-johnson-in-possible-1-7-billion-class-action-suit/
7. Mark Hallmer (2014, March 13). Vaginal mesh lawsuits are escalating in Scotland. Fierce Medical Devices. Retrieved from http://www.fiercemedicaldevices.com/story/vaginal-mesh-lawsuits-are-escalating-scotland/2014-03-13
8. Natasha Boddy (2013, September 20). WA women sue over medical device. The West Australian. Retrieved from http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/19013651/wa-women-sue-over-medical-device/
9. Emily Patterson (2014, March 2). Erin Brockovich Joins Battle Against Johnson & Johnson for TVT Mesh. Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/erin_brockovich_tvt_mesh.shtml
10. Emily Patterson (2013, May 8). List of Reasons Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky Should Immediately Resign. Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/alex_gorsky_resignation.shtml