Johnson & Johnson settles a few Risperdal and Levaquin lawsuits, but doesn't disclose the payoff amount.
Keywords: jnj, johnson and johnson, johnson & johnson, J&J, risperdal, levaquin, settlement
Date Created/Edited: 2012, November 6
Tweets by @JNTNews
The REAL Reason for High Healthcare Product Prices US Senators claim they are investigating the reason for such outrageous drug prices. Uh, gee, not so hard to figure out...
Michelle Obama and the Johnson & Johnson CEO Gorsky $5 Billion Risperdal, Omnicare, Medicaid Scandal Hey-uh, when Johnson & Johnson Janssen was illegally funneling money out of Medicaid through Omnicare for Risperdal - Uh, Michelle was HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATOR in Chicago, where original case broke.
How Johnson & Johnson is Screwing Their Institutional Shareholders Multiply number of shares by $3. Subtract 50% of foreclosure losses, 60% of bankruptcies, percentage of loan defaults due to injuries caused by a Johnson & Johnson or subsidiary product. Hm. Probably looks like Johnson & Johnson crappy products are costing your financial instituation a LOT of money ;o)
Risperdal US DEATH Warning for Elderly Dementia NOT Applied in AU Q to Alex Gorsky, Chairman/CEO of Johnson and Johnson, would you give your USA banned drug Risperdal to your father, if he had dementia?
United States Senate HELPless Committee The US Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions is supposed to be looking out for best interest of voters, but seems to be taking cash from BOTH sides and protecting corruption at Johnson & Johnson and Obama administration.
List of Interesting Visitors to the Johnson and Toxin web site (colleges, universities, law firms, journalists, financial institutions,...)
2015 Consumer Letter to Johnson & Johnson Shareholders
Honoring Request to Say Something Nice About Johnson & Johnson
2015 Johnson & Johnson US Lawsuit Update: Jump from 48,500 to 56.500.
When Johnson & Johnson settles lawsuits out of court, the corporation is not charged with any wrong-doing. Considering the number of state and federal lawsuits lost regarding Risperdal, the cash settlements amount to "shut up and go away" money. Obviously, the amount does not need to be disclosed to consumers or shareholders. However, medical products and services will increase to cover the costs of the settlements - they break the laws, consumers (shareholders are also consumers) pay the price.
Johnson & Johnson has begun settling Risperdal cases involving illegal marketing and withholding risks from both doctors and patients. Five suits were settled for an undisclosed amount, another suit was settled in Philadelphia for an undisclosed amount. There are more than 400 individual lawsuits filed against Johnson & Johnson for illegal marketing and promoting off-label prescribing of Risperdal leading to permanent injuries to the health of the patient.
They have also started settling Levaquin lawsuits for the same basic reason: Extreme health risks, tendon rupture, were not disclosed to the doctors or their patients. Johnson & Johnson has settled approximately 845 of the more than 3,400 Levaquin lawsuits filed against them.
One of the Levaquin lawsuits not settled is John Fratti. For more about John Fratti and exactly what the health risks of Levaquin include, massive headaches, permanent ligament and tendon damage read: Johnson & Johnson Levofloxacin Drug Levaquin Victim John Fratti. John Fratti was an active pharmaceutical representative until one course of Levaquin left him permanently disabled and struggling with chronic pain.
Now on to the 93,000 hips, the ever-increasing army of mesh victims and we'll see how many new devices claims we get since we know, based on the 9 FDA whistleblower scientists' letter to Obama, that the medical devices safety process of the FDA has been compromised with kickbacks, bribery and "intimidation". Does this quote bother anyone else: "In their letter the FDA dissidents alleged that agency managers use intimidation to squelch scientific debate, leading to the approval of medical devices whose effectiveness is questionable and which may not be entirely safe."
Wait, wasn't medical devices Alex Gorsky's department? Gorsky, who is now CEO. (Maybe not the wisest choice, huh?) And they just acquired Synthes, which is a what? A medical devices company. Already with corruption. Already with FDA facility issues in West Chester, Pennsylvania. Hm. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's going on there - corrupt the system, buy a company and push as much through the corrupt system as possible since the fines, court costs and fees are nothing compared to the profits! WooHoo! Just hope you or your loved one isn't the recipient of yet another faulty medical device pushed through a corrupt safety system. Well, looks like we need another article for this mess.
1. David Sell (2012, October 6). Johnson & Johnson settles five Risperdal suits Philly . com. Retrieved from http://articles.philly.com/2012-10-06/business/34280657_1_risperdal-suits-j-j-antipsychotic-drug
2. David Sell (2012, September 12). Johnson and Johnson settles Risperdal side effect lawsuit Philly . com. Retrieved from http://articles.philly.com/2012-09-12/business/33764397_1_j-j-s-janssen-j-j-subsidiary-alex-gorsky
3. Shezad Malik MD JD (2012, November 2). Johnson & Johnson Settles 845 Levaquin Tendon Rupture Lawsuits The Legal Examiner. Retrieved from http://fortworth.legalexaminer.com/fda-and-prescription-drugs/johnson-johnson-settles-845-levaquin-tendon-rupture-lawsuits.aspx?googleid=305316
4. Emily Patterson (2012, October 1). Johnson & Johnson Levaquin Victim Permanently Disabled John Fratti Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/levaquin_john_fratti.shtml
5. Emily Patterson (2013, June 24). Johnson & Johnson $4 Billion for DePuy Hip Harm in U.S., With Lawsuits in at Least 4 More Countries Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/hip_lawsuits.shtml
6. Emily Patterson (2012, May 3). Lawsuits Mounting for Harm by Johnson & Johnson Implanted Mesh Products Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/mesh.shtml
7. FOX Staff Writer (2009, January 8). FDA Scientists Complain to Obama of 'Corruption' FOXNews. Retrieved from http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/08/fda-scientists-complain-obama-corruption/
8. Emily Patterson (2012, May 3). Facts About Johnson & Johnson Bill Weldon CEO Successor Alex Gorsky Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/alex_gorsky.shtml
9. Emily Patterson (2012, October 17). Johnson & Johnson Synthes: Corruption, Lawsuits and FDA Violations Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/synthes_corruption_lawsuits.shtml
10. Emily Patterson (2012, May 4). Johnson & Johnson Synthes U.S. FDA Violation List! Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/synthes_letter_from_fda_2012_02.shtml