This is INDEPENDENT work that you are certainly NOT going to see in conventional media.
To all readers: PLEASE HELP KEEP OVER FIVE YEARS OF WORK ONLINE...
To maintain independence, I will never run ads. I'm only ONE homeless woman, trying to do all the research, content development and web site maintenance for damn near nothing - or get this: I wouldn't still be homeless after doing all this for almost six years. I don't have the time to stop doing the WORK involved to piss away my time running bullshit ads for crap you don't need anyway.
Only 1 out every 5,000 visitors sends even a little help. If everyone reading this gave $10, I could get off the streets and be able to do more. The price of a cheap meal from a bunch of people is all I need. When I started JohnsonAndToxin, people told me it would never get me off the streets. Almost 6 years later, I'm still on the streets. Most people ignore my requests for help. But I hope you’ll think about how important it is to have someone pushing all this information to the Senate, State Attorneys General, State Governors, US FDA, JNJ shareholders, educational facilities, etc.
Please help keep JohnsonAndToxin online and me working to expose Johnson & Johnson and their 275+ subsidiaries for the benefit of every man, woman and child on the planet - and that INCLUDES YOU.
Johnson & Johnson settles a few Risperdal and Levaquin lawsuits, but doesn't disclose the payoff amount.
Keywords: jnj, johnson and johnson, johnson & johnson, J&J, risperdal, levaquin, settlement
Date Created/Edited: 2012, November 6
When Johnson & Johnson settles lawsuits out of court, the corporation is not charged with any wrong-doing. Considering the number of state and federal lawsuits lost regarding Risperdal, the cash settlements amount to "shut up and go away" money. Obviously, the amount does not need to be disclosed to consumers or shareholders. However, medical products and services will increase to cover the costs of the settlements - they break the laws, consumers (shareholders are also consumers) pay the price.
Johnson & Johnson has begun settling Risperdal cases involving illegal marketing and withholding risks from both doctors and patients. Five suits were settled for an undisclosed amount, another suit was settled in Philadelphia for an undisclosed amount. There are more than 400 individual lawsuits filed against Johnson & Johnson for illegal marketing and promoting off-label prescribing of Risperdal leading to permanent injuries to the health of the patient.
They have also started settling Levaquin lawsuits for the same basic reason: Extreme health risks, tendon rupture, were not disclosed to the doctors or their patients. Johnson & Johnson has settled approximately 845 of the more than 3,400 Levaquin lawsuits filed against them.
One of the Levaquin lawsuits not settled is John Fratti. For more about John Fratti and exactly what the health risks of Levaquin include, massive headaches, permanent ligament and tendon damage read: Johnson & Johnson Levofloxacin Drug Levaquin Victim John Fratti. John Fratti was an active pharmaceutical representative until one course of Levaquin left him permanently disabled and struggling with chronic pain.
Now on to the 93,000 hips, the ever-increasing army of mesh victims and we'll see how many new devices claims we get since we know, based on the 9 FDA whistleblower scientists' letter to Obama, that the medical devices safety process of the FDA has been compromised with kickbacks, bribery and "intimidation". Does this quote bother anyone else: "In their letter the FDA dissidents alleged that agency managers use intimidation to squelch scientific debate, leading to the approval of medical devices whose effectiveness is questionable and which may not be entirely safe."
Wait, wasn't medical devices Alex Gorsky's department? Gorsky, who is now CEO. (Maybe not the wisest choice, huh?) And they just acquired Synthes, which is a what? A medical devices company. Already with corruption. Already with FDA facility issues in West Chester, Pennsylvania. Hm. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's going on there - corrupt the system, buy a company and push as much through the corrupt system as possible since the fines, court costs and fees are nothing compared to the profits! WooHoo! Just hope you or your loved one isn't the recipient of yet another faulty medical device pushed through a corrupt safety system. Well, looks like we need another article for this mess.
1. David Sell (2012, October 6). Johnson & Johnson settles five Risperdal suits Philly . com. Retrieved from http://articles.philly.com/2012-10-06/business/34280657_1_risperdal-suits-j-j-antipsychotic-drug
2. David Sell (2012, September 12). Johnson and Johnson settles Risperdal side effect lawsuit Philly . com. Retrieved from http://articles.philly.com/2012-09-12/business/33764397_1_j-j-s-janssen-j-j-subsidiary-alex-gorsky
3. Shezad Malik MD JD (2012, November 2). Johnson & Johnson Settles 845 Levaquin Tendon Rupture Lawsuits The Legal Examiner. Retrieved from http://fortworth.legalexaminer.com/fda-and-prescription-drugs/johnson-johnson-settles-845-levaquin-tendon-rupture-lawsuits.aspx?googleid=305316
4. Emily Patterson (2012, October 1). Johnson & Johnson Levaquin Victim Permanently Disabled John Fratti Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/levaquin_john_fratti.shtml
5. Emily Patterson (2013, June 24). Johnson & Johnson $4 Billion for DePuy Hip Harm in U.S., With Lawsuits in at Least 4 More Countries Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/hip_lawsuits.shtml
6. Emily Patterson (2012, May 3). Lawsuits Mounting for Harm by Johnson & Johnson Implanted Mesh Products Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/mesh.shtml
7. FOX Staff Writer (2009, January 8). FDA Scientists Complain to Obama of 'Corruption' FOXNews. Retrieved from http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/08/fda-scientists-complain-obama-corruption/
8. Emily Patterson (2012, May 3). Facts About Johnson & Johnson Bill Weldon CEO Successor Alex Gorsky Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/alex_gorsky.shtml
9. Emily Patterson (2012, October 17). Johnson & Johnson Synthes: Corruption, Lawsuits and FDA Violations Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/synthes_corruption_lawsuits.shtml
10. Emily Patterson (2012, May 4). Johnson & Johnson Synthes U.S. FDA Violation List! Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/synthes_letter_from_fda_2012_02.shtml