There seems to be a very long history of connections between the Obama's and Johnson & Johnson CEOs.
Keywords: jnj, johnson & johnson, j&j, obama, shareholder, fda, doj, corruption
Date Created/Edited: September 6, 2012 (Updated: September 2, 2014)
While digging for information regarding corruption at Johnson & Johnson, I came across a few pieces of information that show there may be a connection between Johnson & Johnson and the Obamas. Maybe one of the readers of the site has information to help connect the dots here so we can all find out what is really going on.
Barack and Michelle Obama met at Sidley Austin, a law firm that regularly defends Johnson & Johnson. They married in 1992, in Chicago.
Michelle joined the University of Chicago hospital in 2002 as Executive Director of Community Affairs, leaving an education in the legal system behind, and Barack into politics.
Alex Gorsky was with the Janssen unit of Johnson & Johnson in that same time frame. He started working at Johnson & Johnson in 1988. Risperdal, a product of the Janssen Unit of Johnson & Johnson approved in 1994, was Alex Gorsky's first big project. Fraudulent marketing and Medicaid fraud brought billions in revenue from Risperdal sales. The Janssen Unit of Johnson & Johnson has a facility in Naperville, IL, which is just outside of Chicago.
After Barak Obama was elected to Senator of Illinois in 2004 (in office in 2005). In 2004, Michelle Obama, Executive Director For Community Affairs at University of Chicago Hospital, was given an extremely large raise and her own new department, Vice President For Community And External Affairs. Her salary increased from $121,910 to $316,962. Alex Gorsky split from his thriving Risperdal project to Novartis in May of 2004. The timing of these interesting moves directly corresponds with the timing of the 2004 USFDA Warning Letter sent to Johnson & Johnson regarding fraudulent marketing of Risperdal. The Medicaid Fraud associated with Risperdal was already occurring, but had not been uncovered yet.
Billy Boy Weldon gave Barack $150 million in 2010 in supposed support of ObamaCare, and refused to disclose to shareholders just how much of that was shareholder money. It would be interesting to know if that went in Obama's pocket? If so, for what? Better golf clubs to accompany him on a vacation to Billy Boy Weldon's mansion on a double lot in Lost Tree Village in Florida?
In 2009, nine scientists reported corruption in the medical devices division of the FDA - "The purpose of this letter is to inform you that the scientific review process for medical devices at the FDA has been corrupted and distorted by current FDA managers, thereby placing the American people at risk," according to the scientists. Obama basically ignored the pleas of the scientists by telling them to turn to corrupt management to deal with corruption in management, huh? Really? Were the scientists over-reacting with regard to their warnings to the government and public? With pelvic mesh, insulin pumps, hips, knees, butt staplers in the US, butt staplers in Australia all being recalled due to safety issues and, as with pelvic mesh, insulin pumps and hips, safety data did exist showing lower effectiveness and increased risks to health prior to harm to full scale marketing and sales. This information was intentionally withheld from the FDA, doctors and consumers causing millions of people pain and suffering and costing our health care system billions in care for those injured by known defective, harmful products. No, it doesn't seem like those scientists were over-reacting when they specifically stated that the corruption in the medical devices department of the FDA will increase risks to consumers. In fact, it may have been a dramatic understatement. And just a little more info, the King of Corruption himself, Alex Gorsky promised that the medical devices division of JNJ will boom. They even acquired Synthes, with a history of corruption and FDA violations, to tap into the corruption at the FDA. Hmm. Wait, you mean Gorsky, who was in control of medical devices at JNJ was yet again in the center ring for corruption of federal officials? Well, with Gorsky's Career Long Cloud of Corruption, he's got plenty of practice and they do say practice makes perfect!
Previous J&J CEO Billy Weldon was invited to the 2011 APEC Summit in Hawaii by president Obama. This is not really questionable since, granted; J&J is one of the most diversified and largest drug companies in the world. However, Johnson & Johnson, not the largest pharmaceutical company. In his speech, Weldon noted that "APEC countries are also experiencing a growing middle class and lifestyle changes that are linked to rising rates of non-communicable disease." Yeah, such as using Johnson & Johnson toxic products. That pretty much sums it up.
When you consider all of the coincidences of connections between the Obama administration and Johnson & Johnson with corruption at the FDA opening the door for harmful, yet very profitable, medical devices along with the fact that the Obama's met at a law firm which worked directly for Johnson & Johnson and then Michelle tossed her legal career after a lifetime of education in law and then the out-of-proportion raise to Obummer's wife as a hospital administrator, the strange, unpopular and unaccounted for $150 million, the overlooked corruption in
1. Sidley Austin (current). Sidley Austin. Sidley Austin. Retrieved from http://www.sidley.com/
2. Wikipedia, Barack Obama (current). Barack Obama. Wikipedia. Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama
3. Wikipedia, Risperidone (current). Risperidone. Wikipedia. Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risperdal
4. Yellow Pages (2013, June 17). Yellow Pages. Yellow Pages. Retrieved from http://www.yellowpages.com/chicago-il/janssen-pharmaceutical
5. Illinois 2004 Senate Race Results (2005, August 1). Barack Obama is the next Senator from Illinois and the only African American currently in the Senate. Illinois Senate Race 2004. Retrieved from http://www.ilsenate.com/?hg=0
6. D’Angelo Gore (2009, May 17). Michelle Obama’s Salary. Fact Check .org. Retrieved from http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/michelle-obamas-salary/
7. Bruce Japsen and David Mendell (2006, September 26). Officials Explain Increase in Michelle Obama’s Salary. Chicago Tribune. Retrieved from http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/671612/officials_explain_increase_in_michelle_obamas_salary/
8. Bloomberg Executive Profile (current). Executive Profile Alex Gorsky Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of Executive Committee and Chairman of Finance Committee, Johnson & Johnson. Bloomberg Business Week. Retrieved from http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=9897075&ticker=JNJ&previousCapId=139677&previousTitle=JOHNSON%20%26%20JOHNSON
9. Thomas W. Abrams, R.Ph., M.B.A. (2004, April 19). FDA WARNING LETTER. United States Food and Drug Administration. Retrieved from http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/EnforcementActivitiesbyFDA/WarningLettersandNoticeofViolationLetterstoPharmaceuticalCompanies/ucm055315.pdf?utm_source=fdaSearch&utm_medium=website&utm_term=johnson%20&%20johnson%20marketing%20letter%20risperdal&utm_content=1
10. David Almasi (2011, April 28). Johnson & Johnson CEO William C. Weldon Responds to National Center Questions About Firm's Pro-ObamaCare and Cap-and-Trade Lobbying. National Center for Public Policy Research. Retrieved from http://www.nationalcenter.org/PR-JohnsonandJohnson_042811.html
11. Lost Tree Village (current). Lost Tree Village Log In. Lost Tree Village Brochure. Retrieved from http://www.losttreevillage.com/
12. Associated Press (2009, January 8). FDA Scientists Complain to Obama of 'Corruption'. FOXNews. Retrieved from http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/08/fda-scientists-complain-obama-corruption/
13. Emily Patterson (2013, May 8). List of Reasons JNJ CEO Alex Gorsky Should Immediately Resign. Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/alex_gorsky_resignation.shtml
14. Emily Patterson (2012, November 9). Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky's Career Long Cloud of Corruption. Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/alex_gorsky_corruption.shtml
15. Office Of the Press Secretary (2011, November 12). Press Briefing by Principal Deputy Press Secretary Josh Earnest, Bill Weldon, CEO for Johnson & Johnson, Rich Lavin, Group President of Caterpillar and Eric Schmidt, CEO for Google, 11/12/2011. White House Press Office. Retrieved from http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/11/12/press-briefing-principal-deputy-press-secretary-josh-earnest-bill-weldon
16. Emily Patterson (2011, November 12). Known Risks, Including Respiratory Illness and Cancer, of Products Made by Johnson & Johnson and Subsidiaries (Aveeno, Neutrogena, etc). Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/products.shtml