THE MOST CENSORED WORK ONLINE!
Johnson & Johnson Pelvic Mesh Lawsuits Go Global
J&J started using a mesh product for organ prolapse, such as bladder and uterous. However, the consequences of this option increases risks of harm to other internal organs.
Date Created: 2013, September 22
Keywords: jnj, johnson and johnson, johnson + johnson, J&J, gynecare, prolift, mesh, vaginal
Site accessed :
This page accessed 345 times.
As covered in my previous article, And Now the Mesh Mess, there were many risks with mesh implants that were not disclosed to the FDA, doctors and patients. Certain mesh products were voluntarily discontinued by Johnson & Johnson, with the spokesperson non-reason of, "Our decision to discontinue these products is based on their commercial viability in light of changing market dynamics, and is not related to safety or efficacy."
As reported by Verdict in Vaginal Mesh Bellwether Trial Foreshadows Settlements, there are more than 4,550 lawsuits pending in the United States from people harmed by TVT Mesh manufactured by Johnson & Johnson and other companies. Although Johnson & Johnson has pledged to try to get out of having to pay restitution to victims of their known harmful products, I mean, appeal the verdict, the plaintiffs won the first case ;o) WAY TO GO!!!
I hope this victims' winning streak continues for the folks in Canada and Australia who have filed lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson's known defective mesh products. In a California court, a mesh victim was awarded $5.5 million. The first of the Bellwether trials resulted in an award to the plaintiff of $2 million. Multiply that by 4,550 US plaintiffs plus 400 in Canada plus an estimated (30,000*15% failure rate) 4,500 in Australia, around 9,500, right? Average California and first Bellwether reward returns a result of $3.75 million per plaintiff. That comes out to: $35.625 Billion - plus court costs... so far...
Let's add a little more to the mesh mess, how about $1.8 Billion for 60,000 women in Israel? The mesh mess is approaching $40 BILLION! I'm thinking this probably is more than all the other lawsuits combined - and these are still coming in, and so are a bunch of others.
Gee, this beats the $5 Billion Risperdal/OmniCare/Medicaid Scandal and the $3 Billion Global Hip Fiasco by a mile!
The current CEO of Johnson & Johnson, Alex Gorsky, was Worldwide Chairman of Medical Devices & Diagnostics Group at Johnson & Johnson since February 2008. Why did he wait two years, when complaints were already beginning to pile up, before removing known harmful mesh products from the market? Why are their media representatives just saying baloney - that it's just a corporate decision not based on the harm they have caused close to 10,000 victims around the world?
INDEPENDENT AD-FREE WORK Most recent gift: 15 November 2023
This work is not
sponsored by bankers, lawyers, gov agencies, ad agencies or fraudsters.
Your gift, no matter the size, makes a real difference.
Please consider contributing today to help me continue work exposing fraud, corruption, coverups and harmful, defective and toxic products. Together, we can create a positive impact for improved health and well-being that lasts.
Thank you for your generosity,
PROCESSED ON TRANSACTION PROVIDER SECURE SERVERS
PayPal: Log in or scroll to bottom of PayPal transaction page and click "Pay with Debit or Credit Card"
1. Emily Patterson (2012, May 3). And Now the Mesh Mess Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/mesh.shtml
2. Joseph Genovesi (2013, August 27). Content Title PRWeb. Retrieved from http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11053221.htm
3. CTVNews.ca Staff (2012, August 14). Company to stop selling pelvic mesh tied to complications Publication. Retrieved from http://www.ctvnews.ca/company-to-stop-selling-pelvic-mesh-tied-to-complications-1.835338
4. Natasha Boddy (2013, September 20). WA women sue over medical device The West Australian. Retrieved from http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/19013651/wa-women-sue-over-medical-device/
5. Itzhak Dannon (2013, Otober 12). Woman Sues Johnson & Johnson in Possible $1.7 Billion Class Action Suit Jewish Business News. Retrieved from http://jewishbusinessnews.com/2013/10/12/woman-sues-johnson-johnson-in-possible-1-7-billion-class-action-suit/
6. Emily Patterson (2013, June 7). Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky and the $5+ Billion Risperdal Medicaid Scandal Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/alex_gorsky_risperdal.shtml
7. Emily Patterson (2013, June 24). Johnson & Johnson $4 Billion for DePuy Hip Harm in U.S., With Lawsuits in at Least 4 More Countries Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/hip_lawsuits.shtml
CENSOR AVOIDANCE SYSTEM
Since I can't share my work on social media basically at all anymore, resorting to the last remaining free-ish solution to share my work: