POSTED APRIL 9, 2018: Without financial support, site goes down on April 26, 2018. I can't do this alone... have not had even one gift of support since February. I am homeless and on the streets, I have NO MONEY for this. I really need some help to keep this six years of work online, PLEASE.
THIS WORK FOR SAFE HEALTHCARE PRODUCTS IS BEING DONE BY A 50 YEAR OLD HOMELESS WOMAN, homeless and on the streets since 2011 after loss of my management job and subsequent foreclosure on my house. I grew up in foster care so I have no family and no friends in a position to help me. I REQUIRE ENOUGH MONEY FOR ONLY THREE THINGS:
1. Cell phone with internet access. I cannot load files TO the web site from public service connections. This block is required to prevent hackers from using public access connections. I cannot write content and load it to the site until my phone is back on. Phone was shut down on the fourth because I have NO MONEY and almost NO SUPPORT FOR THIS WORK.
2. 4 foot by 4 foot storage unit to keep computer, periferals, back-ups and what pathetic little I have left of my life, destroyed by my ex, long story. Storage was locked up by managment on the 9th due to non-payment because I have NO MONEY and almost NO SUPPORT FOR THIS WORK. I have been wearing the same filthy stinking clothes for 10 days now because I have NOTHING LEFT BUT THE CLOTHES ON MY BACK AND A BAG WITH LAPTOP AND SOME TOILETRIES. The bag will likely get stolen in the near-distant future because I have to sleep sometimes and can't keep watch on the bag when I'm sleeping. Already had FIVE laptops stolen because I have to sleep. It was why I got the storage unit in the first place.
3. SERVER FEES TO KEEP ALL THIS WORK ONLINE. Obviously, no server space, no site, total end of this effort. I have NO MONEY to pay the server fees that are due on the 26th.
Must have to continue: $250
Gifts of support sent
as of 4 PM April 19, 2018: $0
NOT ONE PENNEY SINCE FEBRUARY. I stretched the money from January and February to cover January, February and March. I have less than $2 left.
Of the 2 million page views this site has received, over 6,000 were from Johnson & Johnson servers. I'm sure they are celabrating my failure to obtaion financial support and look forward to the site going down on the 26th. Crossing their fingers that no one chooses to help.
I'm sorry I have no money to pay for the tools REQUIRED to continue this work. I wish I did, I hate the thought of all this work going offline after 6 YEARS of a massive amount of work, 100 hour weeks. But if there's no support, I guess people are okay with the way Johnson & Johnson does business and all this work will be gone in less than a week. I did what I could...
J&J started using a mesh product for organ prolapse, such as bladder and uterous. However, the consequences of this option increases risks of harm to other internal organs.
Keywords: jnj, johnson and johnson, johnson + johnson, J&J, gynecare, prolift, mesh, vaginal
Date Created/Edited: 2013, September 22
As covered in my previous article, And Now the Mesh Mess, there were many risks with mesh implants that were not disclosed to the FDA, doctors and patients. Certain mesh products were voluntarily discontinued by Johnson & Johnson, with the spokesperson non-reason of, "Our decision to discontinue these products is based on their commercial viability in light of changing market dynamics, and is not related to safety or efficacy."
As reported by Verdict in Vaginal Mesh Bellwether Trial Foreshadows Settlements, there are more than 4,550 lawsuits pending in the United States from people harmed by TVT Mesh manufactured by Johnson & Johnson and other companies. Although Johnson & Johnson has pledged to try to get out of having to pay restitution to victims of their known harmful products, I mean, appeal the verdict, the plaintiffs won the first case ;o) WAY TO GO!!!
I hope this victims' winning streak continues for the folks in Canada and Australia who have filed lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson's known defective mesh products. In a California court, a mesh victim was awarded $5.5 million. The first of the Bellwether trials resulted in an award to the plaintiff of $2 million. Multiply that by 4,550 US plaintiffs plus 400 in Canada plus an estimated (30,000*15% failure rate) 4,500 in Australia, around 9,500, right? Average California and first Bellwether reward returns a result of $3.75 million per plaintiff. That comes out to: $35.625 Billion - plus court costs... so far...
Let's add a little more to the mesh mess, how about $1.8 Billion for 60,000 women in Israel? The mesh mess is approaching $40 BILLION! I'm thinking this probably is more than all the other lawsuits combined - and these are still coming in, and so are a bunch of others.
Gee, this beats the $5 Billion Risperdal/OmniCare/Medicaid Scandal and the $3 Billion Global Hip Fiasco by a mile!
The current CEO of Johnson & Johnson, Alex Gorsky, was Worldwide Chairman of Medical Devices & Diagnostics Group at Johnson & Johnson since February 2008. Why did he wait two years, when complaints were already beginning to pile up, before removing known harmful mesh products from the market? Why are their media representatives just saying baloney - that it's just a corporate decision not based on the harm they have caused close to 10,000 victims around the world?
1. Emily Patterson (2012, May 3). And Now the Mesh Mess Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/mesh.shtml
2. Joseph Genovesi (2013, August 27). Content Title PRWeb. Retrieved from http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11053221.htm
3. CTVNews.ca Staff (2012, August 14). Company to stop selling pelvic mesh tied to complications Publication. Retrieved from http://www.ctvnews.ca/company-to-stop-selling-pelvic-mesh-tied-to-complications-1.835338
4. Natasha Boddy (2013, September 20). WA women sue over medical device The West Australian. Retrieved from http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/19013651/wa-women-sue-over-medical-device/
5. Itzhak Dannon (2013, Otober 12). Woman Sues Johnson & Johnson in Possible $1.7 Billion Class Action Suit Jewish Business News. Retrieved from http://jewishbusinessnews.com/2013/10/12/woman-sues-johnson-johnson-in-possible-1-7-billion-class-action-suit/
6. Emily Patterson (2013, June 7). Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky and the $5+ Billion Risperdal Medicaid Scandal Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/alex_gorsky_risperdal.shtml
7. Emily Patterson (2013, June 24). Johnson & Johnson $4 Billion for DePuy Hip Harm in U.S., With Lawsuits in at Least 4 More Countries Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/hip_lawsuits.shtml