This is INDEPENDENT, AD-FREE work that you are certainly NOT going to see in conventional media.
Please help keep JohnsonAndToxin ad-free, online and me working to expose Johnson & Johnson and their 275+ subsidiaries for the benefit of every man, woman and child on the planet - and that INCLUDES YOU and the ones YOU love.
NOTE: November 18,2017:
HAVE NOT HAD A GIFT OF SUPPORT SINCE SEPTEMBER 26, 2017.
I CANNOT AFFORD THIS ENTIRE PROJECT ALONE.
The site ended up going down for two days because I was late with last months' hosting fees. I can't come up with enough money again this month for the hosting fees due on November 26. Without financial support, the site and all content will likely go down again.
PLEASE, PLEASE HELP...
Levaquin (levofloxacin) is an anti-biotic used for common infections that comes with a higher risk of death and permanent disabling injuries than from the infection itself.
Keywords: levaquin, levofloxacin, anti-biotic, death, dead, injury, tendon, rupture
Date Created/Edited: February 11, 2015
Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Janssen Levaquin deaths are back in the news. It's not very often that a victim of a Johnson & Johnson product is able to get published in the news, but the loved ones of recent deaths caused by the drug were able to get their stories told to in their local area. Thanks to social media - we can get their story out further and hopefully, educate consumers that Levaquin is a drug to be used ONLY in the event of life-threatening illnesses that did not respond to safer treatments.
John Fratti, Jenny Frank, Lynne Whitcopf, Andrea Siani and Caroline Egan are a few of the victims of Levaquin toxicity who are still surviving a life of agony and suffering. Richard Davis and Chris Dannelly are just two of an unknown number of people who died from taking Levaquin.
Levaquin, levofloxacin, is an extremely potent, extremely high risk anti-biotic. It was originally developed to treat a minimum range of life-threatening illnesses, such as anthrax, or as a last resort for bacterial infections that did not respond to safer treatments. It definitely has an appropriate place in pharmacology. However, it is currently being prescribed for additional conditions, as well as off-label for uses that were not approved by the FDA, for simple infections such as sinus infections, bronchitis, bladder infections and other non-life threatening illness as a first, most risky treatment.
John Oliver does an excellent job of explaining how pharmaceutical reps work to push doctors to increase sales of drugs, such as incredibly risky Levaquin. This video is relatively short, 17 minutes, and unbelievably funny, as well as highly accurate. John Oliver Last Week Tonight on prescription drug peddlers.
Keep in mind that an association between death and a drug is not 'proof' that the drug caused the injuries or death. Put it this way, Patient gets hit by a car and killed. The patiet was taking Drug A, Drug B and Drug C. Although the patient was taking these drugs when they died, it was not necessarily the cause of death - unless the drug caused a heart attack while the patient was crossing the street which was a known side effect of the drug. A large number of similar symptoms associated with a drug is cause for alarm. It would be prudent to pull the drug until further studies proved it to be safe. The list of side effects by Levaquin, including death, is cause for alarm because it seems that quite often 'death' was the outcome when the only drug involved was Levaquin.
Although, many doctors continue to ignore the evidence of great risks of permanent harm and prescribe Levaquin and other levofloxacin drugs for non-life-threatening illesses, a growing number of doctors are working to get stronger warnings and limited uses for this known harmful drug. WCPO in Cincinnati exposed that many side effects are not even on the Levaquin label. On June 19, 2014, Charles Bennett, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.P. submitted a request to the United States Food and Drug Administration for an additional block box warning for 'Mitochondrial Toxicity'. On September 8, 2014 he submitted an additional citizen petition to the United States Food and Drug Administration for 'Psychiatric Events' to be added to the Levaquin drug information.
While those who die from Levaquin are permanently cured of all unmet medical needs, injuries such as chronic ruptured tendons requiring surgery and pharmaceuticals, add massive costs to healthcare system. However, Johnson & Johnson writes all the profit from the high rate of permanent injuries as 'profiit'.
Oh, wait, did you actually think Johnson & Johnson was paying the extreme costs of a lifetime of medical needs for the victims of Levaquin? Hah! Nope. Who do you really think is footing the bill for all these victims?
Well, it's not the shareholders since dividends continue to rise. And obviously not the corrupt management since management salaries continue to rise dramatically. Well, since consumer healthcare costs continue to shoot the moon with no end in increases in sight - oh, the costs must be getting dumped on consumers. The costs associated with these victims are dumped on the Medicare, Medicaid and ObamaCare systems - unless the victim still has private insurance. In addition, the costs dumped on social healthcare systems drive up taxation for all to cover victims who are no longer able to work due to Levaquin toxicity.
Johnson & Johnson collects the revenue from treating a lifetime of debilitation and dependencey of their victims on painkillers, anti-biotics and such in their balance sheets as income. Sweet. Get paid to hurt people and then get paid to 'heal' them. That's like getting $10 to punch someone in the face and then get $10 for giving them pain meds for their injury.
If you or a loved one has been injured (or killed) by Levaquin (or any other Johnson & Johnson or subsidiary product), call the Wall Street Journal (1-800-Journal (568-7625)) and the New York Times (1-888-NYT-NEWS (1-888-698-6397)) and ask them to publish your story. Or, maybe just call them and ask them to visit the Johnson and Toxin web site for an eye-opening education about Johnson & Johnson ;)
We must demand that Johnson & Johnson...
...immediately notify doctors, globally, to prescribe Levaquin as a LAST resort for life-threatening illnesses.
...immediately pull all mesh products - GLOBALLY.
...terminates corrupt individuals who continue to allow known harmful, disabling and death-inducing products.
...uses savings from terminated managers to set up a savings fund for the victims of their many known harmful products.
...reduces ALL executive compensations to UNDER $1 million per year, using the savings to improve facility conditions, independent review of all existing products and add to savings fund for global victims of known harmful products.
Oh, and no more tax-dollar hand-outs either. Gee, guess they'll actually have to come up with some innovative - SAFE - products
So, hey, uh, talk to YOUR doctor about *NOT* prescribing Levaquin, or any other levofloxacin-based drug, unless the condition being treated is life-threatening and did not respond to non-life-threatening treatments. I mean seriously, do you really want to risk ending up DEAD from the treatment of a sinus infection?
Or, even more effective, how about share this article with everyone you know to help prevent deaths from Levaquin for non-life-threatening infections.
1. Emily Patterson (2012, October 1). Johnson & Johnson Levaquin Victim Permanently Disabled John Fratti. Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/levaquin_john_fratti.shtml
2. Dave Biscobing, ABC15 (2014, November 18). Levaquin: Popular antibiotic carries side effects not listed on label. WCPO Cincinnati. Retrieved from http://www.wcpo.com/news/health/healthy-living/levaquin-popular-antibiotic-carries-side-effects-not-listed-on-label
3. Jim Strickland (2015, February 3). Patients suffer devastating side effects from popular antibiotic. WSB-TV Atlanta. Retrieved from http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/patients-suffer-devastating-side-effects-popular-a/nj4Br/
4. Lauren Leamanczyk, WBZ-TV (2015, February 6). Patients Say Popular Drug Caused Devastating Side Effects. CBSLocal: Boston. Retrieved from http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/06/i-team-patients-say-popular-drug-caused-devastating-side-effects/
5. Jim Strickland (2015, February 5). Woman says popular antibiotic levofloxacin killed her husband. WSB-TV Atlanta. Retrieved from http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-says-popular-antibiotic-levofloxacin-killed-/nj5jY/
6. John Oliver (2015, February 9). John Oliver Takes Down Big Pharma in his Return to Last Week Tonight. Last Week Tonight. Retrieved from http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/02/09/
7. Drug Library Researchers (Summary date not published). Levaquin (Levofloxacin) - Side Effect Reports to FDA . Drug Library. Retrieved from http://www.druglib.com/reported-side-effects/levaquin/
8. Amanda Billo (2014, February 20). Baron and Budd Announces Involvement in Levaquin Lawsuits . PRWeb. Retrieved from http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11598850.htm
9. Dave Biscobing, ABC15 (2014, November 18). Levaquin: Popular antibiotic carries side effects not listed on label. WCPO Cincinnati. Retrieved from http://www.wcpo.com/news/health/healthy-living/levaquin-popular-antibiotic-carries-side-effects-not-listed-on-label
10. Charles Bennett, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.P. (2014, June 18). Add “Possible Mitochondrial Toxicity” to the Levaquin Label. US FDA Citizen Petition. Retrieved from http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/mitochondrialtoxicity.pdf
11. Charles Bennett, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.P. (2014, September 8). Require additional Psychiatric Adverse Events to the Levaquin label. US FDA Citizen Petition. Retrieved from http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/FDAcitizenpetition.pdf