POSTED APRIL 9, 2018: Without financial support, site goes down on April 26, 2018. I can't do this alone... have not had even one gift of support since February. I am homeless and on the streets, I have NO MONEY for this. I really need some help to keep this six years of work online, PLEASE.
THIS WORK FOR SAFE HEALTHCARE PRODUCTS IS BEING DONE BY A 50 YEAR OLD HOMELESS WOMAN, homeless and on the streets since 2011 after loss of my management job and subsequent foreclosure on my house. I grew up in foster care so I have no family and no friends in a position to help me. I REQUIRE ENOUGH MONEY FOR ONLY THREE THINGS:
1. Cell phone with internet access. I cannot load files TO the web site from public service connections. This block is required to prevent hackers from using public access connections. I cannot write content and load it to the site until my phone is back on. Phone was shut down on the fourth because I have NO MONEY and almost NO SUPPORT FOR THIS WORK.
2. 4 foot by 4 foot storage unit to keep computer, periferals, back-ups and what pathetic little I have left of my life, destroyed by my ex, long story. Storage was locked up by managment on the 9th due to non-payment because I have NO MONEY and almost NO SUPPORT FOR THIS WORK. I have been wearing the same filthy stinking clothes for 10 days now because I have NOTHING LEFT BUT THE CLOTHES ON MY BACK AND A BAG WITH LAPTOP AND SOME TOILETRIES. The bag will likely get stolen in the near-distant future because I have to sleep sometimes and can't keep watch on the bag when I'm sleeping. Already had FIVE laptops stolen because I have to sleep. It was why I got the storage unit in the first place.
3. SERVER FEES TO KEEP ALL THIS WORK ONLINE. Obviously, no server space, no site, total end of this effort. I have NO MONEY to pay the server fees that are due on the 26th.
Must have to continue: $250
Gifts of support sent
as of 4 PM April 19, 2018: $0
NOT ONE PENNEY SINCE FEBRUARY. I stretched the money from January and February to cover January, February and March. I have less than $2 left.
Of the 2 million page views this site has received, over 6,000 were from Johnson & Johnson servers. I'm sure they are celabrating my failure to obtaion financial support and look forward to the site going down on the 26th. Crossing their fingers that no one chooses to help.
I'm sorry I have no money to pay for the tools REQUIRED to continue this work. I wish I did, I hate the thought of all this work going offline after 6 YEARS of a massive amount of work, 100 hour weeks. But if there's no support, I guess people are okay with the way Johnson & Johnson does business and all this work will be gone in less than a week. I did what I could...
I personally would like to thank the government of India for upholding the ban of Johnson & Johnson products after being caught using a banned process to sterilize baby powder. The process leaves a carcinogenic residue in the finished product.
Keywords: jnj, johnson and johnson, johnson & johnson, J&J, banned, ban, baby, powder, India
Date Created/Edited: 2013, July 29
The process leaves a carcinogenic residue in the finished product. Finally, a government that is holding this company accountable for choosing to break laws created for consumer safety. This is a government that truly cares about the people they serve. Thank you.
The banned sterilization process leaves behind traces of ethylene oxide, a proven potent carcinogen. On the tender and permeable skin of newborns, this chemical is inhaled by the baby during application and dramatically increases the risk of the baby developing a variety of cancers later in life.
Ashutosh Kumbhakoni, an FDA advocate, stated, "These multinationals must stop treating Indians as guinea pigs. If this had happened in the US, we can't imagine the proportions in terms of scandal." I totally disagree. This is happening in the US, every single day, totally unknown to consumers and unreported by the major media outlets. Johnson & Johnson creates different formulations for different countries based on regulations regarding carcinogens in consumer products. The United States formulation of Johnson & Johnson baby care products include formaldehyde, (a known human carcinogen) 1,4-dioxane, (a known human carcinogen) parabens, (suspected human carcinogen), AND ethylene oxide and all these cancer-loaded products are still on the shelves in the United States - and continue to be handed out to mothers of newborns, as well as used on newborns, in hospital maternity departments. I wish the United States government would show the same consideration for the health and safety of US consumers and pull these toxic baby and adult care products from the shelves in the United States.
MNCs should stop using Indians as guinea pigs it's not about being guinea pigs. the guinea pigs and mice in the labs already proved these chemcials are carcinogens. Nope, it's more about people being cash cows for Johnson & Johnson as more and more people develop cancer, asthma, diabetes and other long-term illnesses from using their toxic products.
1. Wiki Contributor (2014, October 29). Ethylene oxide Wikipedia. Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_oxide#Effects_on_humans_and_animals
2. Rosy Sequeira (2013, July 27). MNCs should stop using Indians as guinea pigs: FDA to high court Times of India. Retrieved from http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/MNCs-should-stop-using-Indians-as-guinea-pigs-FDA-to-high-court/articleshow/21380791.cms
3. Emily Patterson (2012, March 9). Risky Products Johnson and Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/products.shtml
4. Susan Todd (2010, February 9). Lawsuit proceeds on Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo New Jersey Dot Comm. Retrieved from http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2010/02/lawsuit_proceeds_on_johnson_jo.html
5. Rosy Sequeira (2013, July 27). MNCs should stop using Indians as guinea pigs: FDA to high court The Times of India. Retrieved from http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-07-27/mumbai/40832173_1_guinea-pigs-batches-jj