This is INDEPENDENT, AD-FREE work that you are certainly NOT going to see in conventional media.
Thanks to all who help keep JohnsonAndToxin ad-free, online and me working to expose Johnson & Johnson and their 275+ subsidiaries for the benefit of every man, woman and child on the planet - and that INCLUDES YOU and the ones YOU love.
Yet another year of a dramatic increase in lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson and subsidiaries in a lot of countries over a variety of products, and don't include many products with legal action pending.
Keywords: levaquin, risperdal, asr, transvaginal, tvt, mesh, lawsuit, investor
Date Created/Edited: April 8, 2017
Since I started this project to expose harm of Johnson & Johnson and their subsidiaries, every year when the Johnson & Johnson Annual Shareholder Report becomes available, I take a look at the number of liability lawsuits against the company. In 2012, when I started this work, there were only 20,400 lawsuits disclosed in the shareholder report. The number of lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson and their subsidiaries has increased dramatically each year since.
2012 Shareholder Report:
20,680 product liability lawsuits, baseline
2013 Shareholder Report:
48,537 product liability lawsuits, increased by 27,857 (more than doubled)
2014 Shareholder Report:
56,600 product liability lawsuits, increased by 8,063
2015 Shareholder Report:
76,400 product liability lawsuits, increased by 19,800
2016 Shareholder Report:
104,700 product liability lawsuits, increased by 28,300!
The information is in Section 21 in each report.
The 2013 Shareholder Report Discloses:
1,165 Levaquin Lawsuits
12,340 ASR Hip Lawsuits
5,560 Pinnacle Hip Lawsuits
500 Risperdal Lawsuits
28,810 Mesh Product Lawsuits
22 Duragesic Lawsuits
140 Topomax Lawsuits
The 2014 Shareholder Report Discloses:
11,200 ASR™ XL Acetabular System and DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System
7,300 PINNACLE® Acetabular Cup System
36,600 with respect to pelvic meshes
1,200 with respect to RISPERDAL
The 2015 Shareholder Report Discloses:
5,300 DePuy ASR™ XL Acetabular System and DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System
8,700 PINNACLE® Acetabular Cup System
46,700 pelvic meshes
The 2016 Shareholder Report Discloses:
2,000 DePuy ASR™ XL Acetabular System and DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System
9,400 PINNACLE® Acetabular Cup System
54,800 pelvic meshes
3,100 Johnson's® Baby Powder
In 2009, nine United States Food and Drug Administration scientists sent a letter with detailed examples of corruption and asked for help cleaning up the US FDA. However, the letter was basically ignored. "The purpose of this letter is to inform you that the scientific review process for medical devices at the FDA has been corrupted and distorted by current FDA managers, thereby placing the American people at risk."
Considering the number of countries with lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson and subsidiaries, this was apparently an extreme UNDERSTATEMENT. These known harmful products are putting the health and safety of everyone on the planet at risk.
It seems Dominic Caruso and Alex Gorsky forgot to mention all the other products facing lawsuits such as: circular stapler lawsuits, power morcellator lawsuits, etc. Obviously, the list does not iclude all products with lawsuits and is likely only the tip of a massive global lawsuit iceberg.
In addition, lawsuits are filed against Johnson & Johnson in Australia, Belgium, Canada, England, Israel, Italy, the Netherlands, Scotland, the United Kingdom and Venezuela mentioned in the Shareholder Report. It seems Johnson & Johnson is making a bad name for themselves all over the world ;o)
Does anyone else think Johnson & Johnson may be a weeee bit out of control? It's starting to look like they make more money on injuries caused by their known harmful products than they do on their products alone!
Costs related to healthcare needs of victims of Johnson & Johnson products are pushed on public healthcare systems such as private insurance, public insurance and self-pay - until the victims no longer have anything left - and called 'profit' by Johnson & Johnson. The victims who became disabled are paid for by Social Security Disability - depleting what is supposed to be reserved for our elderly, not previously healthy people disabled by a KNOWN harmful Johnson & Johnson product.
I wonder at what point Johnson & Johnson shareholders, the United States Food and Drug Administration and the US Senate HELP Committee as well will wake up and realize these known harmful products are their products, too ?
Financial gifts to help support this site are desperately needed and very much appreciated.
1. Johnson & Johnson (2012, December). Johnson & Johnson 2012 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/3461521603x0x644760/85FD0CFF-2305-4A02-8294-2E47D0F31850/JNJ2012annualreport.pdf
2. Johnson & Johnson (2013, December). Johnson & Johnson 2013 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/3461521603x0x733042/DDD2ABD5-2CC6-41D2-8ACB-EC2A967727E4/ar2013_JNJ.pdf
3. Johnson & Johnson (2014, December). Johnson & Johnson 2014 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/77771136x0x815170/816798CD-60D9-4653-BB5A-50A66FD5B9E7/JNJ_2014_Annual_Report_bookmarked_.pdf
4. Johnson & Johnson (2015, December). Johnson & Johnson 2015 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/1788288056x0x881109/474857DD-8E67-43B1-BB38-0A9712D93545/2015_annual_report_.pdf
5. Johnson & Johnson (2016, December). Johnson & Johnson 2016 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from https://jnj.brightspotcdn.com/88/3f/b666368546bcab9fd520594a6016/2017-0310-ar-bookmarked.pdf
6. Emily Patterson (Frequently updated). List of files regarding Johnson & Johnson Chief Financial Officer, Dominic Caruso. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/caruso.shtml
7. Emily Patterson (Frequently updated). List of files regarding Johnson & Johnson Chief Executive Officer, Alex Gorsky. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/gorsky.shtml
8. Emily Patterson (2016, March 10). Johnson & Johnson Lost Talc Powder Lawsuits TWICE and Offered to BRIBE Victim. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/baby_powder_lawsuits_too.shtml
9. CBS News (2015, May 27). Report: FBI investigating medical device that spread cancer in women. CBS News. Retrieved from http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-investigating-medical-device-that-spread-cancer-in-women/
10. Emily Patterson (2015, October 22). How Johnson & Johnson is Screwing Their Institutional Shareholders. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/jnj_screwing_shareholders.shtml
11. Emily Patterson (2016, March 2). New United States Food and Drug Commissioner Dr. Robert Califf Responsible for KILLER Xarelto. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/califf_fda_commissioner.shtml
12. Emily Patterson (2016, February 9). Why US Senate HELP Committee MUST SHUT DOWN Johnson & Johnson. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/help_cmte_shut_down_jnj.shtml