Growing every quarter, lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson in United States alone are now well over 99,000.
Keywords: talc, risperdal, asr, hip, baby powder, tvt, mesh, lawsuit
Date Created/Edited: November 15, 2016
I used to review the lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson annually. However, it seems lawsuits against the company are skyrocketing beyond belief this year: 1st 1/4: 82,200; 2nd 1/4: 90,700; and now 3rd 1/4 with 99,000. It doesn't seem as though there is an end in site. Guess who is stuck with the bill for all these legal battles from crap products: YOU - the money has to come from somewhere, eh? Oh, and you're stuck with the costs of high medical needs victims, too.
Johnson & Johnson 2012 Annual Report:
Johnson & Johnson 2013 Annual Report:
Johnson & Johnson 2014 Annual Report:
Johnson & Johnson 2015 Annual Report:
Johnson & Johnson First Quarter 2016 SEC 10-Q:
Johnson & Johnson Second Quarter 2016 SEC 10-Q:
Johnson & Johnson Third Quarter 2016 SEC 10-Q:
The list of lawsuits in the Third Quarter 2016 10-Q refers only to the following products and only in the United States.
2,900 with respect to the DePuy ASR™ hips
9,300 with respect to the PINNACLE® hips
53,400 with respect to pelvic meshes
15,400 with respect to RISPERDAL®
15,600 with respect to XARELTO®
2,400 with respect to JOHNSON'S® Baby Powder
99,000 and still climbing... with no end in sight, eh?
Again, these numbers do not include lawsuits filed against Johnson & Johnson in a number of other countries, including: United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Belgium, England, Israel, the Netherlands, Scotland and Venezuela. Looking like the entire world isn't very happy with having their lives destroyed by Johnson & Johnson known harmful products, eh?
Although lawsuits are pouring in, Johnson & Johnson is still selling Risperdal, Xarelto, Johnson's Baby Powder without without properly informing consumers of the risks associated with the use of these products (and others) without any regard for human life, eh? Wow. Just wow.
Lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson and subsidiaries have exploded from 12,000 in 2012 to over 99,000 in 2016! Really? That's a LOT of victims and doesn't include ALL lawsuits - these are just the most notable!? Wow. Just wow.
Senators, shareholders, lawyers and doctors all know just how hard it is to file a lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson. There are numerous and very rigorous requirements to virtually eliminate false claims against the company. These are certainly NOT frivolous or false claims lawsuits. Even ONE error in the paperwork disqualifies the victim. The number of lawsuits is likely only a percentage of the actual number of victims of these, and other, Johnson & Johnson and subsidiary products.
After speaking with numerous victims of a variety of Johnson & Johnson (and other pharma company) products, I have found that the costs related to increased 'unmet medical needs' of victims is most often dumped on the public healthcare system - driving up costs for all of us rather than the criminals that harmed others for profit. In addition, victims lose their jobs, their cars, their homes, their health, their happiness, often their will to live and frequently their lives. Most victims are disabled and the costs dumped on Social Security or other welfare programs - costing victims their dignity and self-respect. Heartstring pulling aside, the costs of victims is destorying the economy. Closing businesses, costing jobs, creating a world of poverty and ill health. This has to end and it has to end now.
In case you didn't know, hips, mesh and Risperdal were Alex Gorsky's projects. How did he ever get promoted to CEO with so many bad products bringing in more losses in litigation than likely brought the company in profits? How is he being paid $25 MILLION a year for destroying the health of human beings and the reputation of Johnson & Johnson not only in the United States, but around the world?
Gorsky is also choosing to allow Xarelto to remain on the market without an antidote - knowing 500 people likely died from the drug and lawsuits (not to mention bodies) are really piling up, adding another 2,000 this quarter, now at 15,600s. In addition, Gorsky is allowing talc-based baby care and women's personal care products remain on the market - even though internal documents prove Johnson & Johnson is well aware that talc based powders increase the risk of developing a silent killer, ovarian cancer, by possibly more than 30%. Lawsuits regarding talc products continue to balloon, already at 2,300 - an additional 500 this quarter.
I wonder how long this trend of exponential lawsuit growth will continue?
Oh, hope the next victim isn't you or someone you love, eh?
1. SEC (2016, May). Johnson & Johnson 2016 First 1/4 10-Q. Securities Exchange Commission. Retrieved from https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/200406/000020040616000084/a1q10q4-03x16.htm
2. Johnson & Johnson (2012, December). Johnson & Johnson 2012 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/3461521603x0x644760/85FD0CFF-2305-4A02-8294-2E47D0F31850/JNJ2012annualreport.pdf
3. Johnson & Johnson (2013, December). Johnson & Johnson 2013 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/3461521603x0x733042/DDD2ABD5-2CC6-41D2-8ACB-EC2A967727E4/ar2013_JNJ.pdf
4. Johnson & Johnson (2014, December). Johnson & Johnson 2014 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/77771136x0x815170/816798CD-60D9-4653-BB5A-50A66FD5B9E7/JNJ_2014_Annual_Report_bookmarked_.pdf
5. Johnson & Johnson (2015, December). Johnson & Johnson 2015 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/1788288056x0x881109/474857DD-8E67-43B1-BB38-0A9712D93545/2015_annual_report_.pdf
6. Emily Patterson (Frequently updated). List of files regarding Johnson & Johnson Chief Financial Officer, Dominic Caruso. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/caruso.shtml
7. Emily Patterson (Frequently updated). List of files regarding Johnson & Johnson Chief Executive Officer, Alex Gorsky. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/gorsky.shtml
8. Emily Patterson (2016, March 2). New United States Food and Drug Commissioner Dr. Robert Califf Responsible for KILLER Xarelto. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/califf_fda_commissioner.shtml
9. Emily Patterson (2013, June 20). Johnson & Johnson Defense Against $1.2 Billion Arkansas Risperdal: We Have a Constitutional Right to Lie. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/right_to_lie.shtml
10. Emily Patterson (2014, September 14). Johnson & Johnson Xarelto, False Marketing, Lawsuits and FDA Says THREE TIMES, "NO EXPANDED USES!". Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/xarelto_continued.shtml
11. Emily Patterson (2015, October 22). How Johnson & Johnson is Screwing Their Institutional Shareholders. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/jnj_screwing_shareholders.shtml