Growing every quarter, lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson in United States alone are now well over 90,700.
Keywords: talc, risperdal, asr, hip, baby powder, tvt, mesh, lawsuit
Date Created/Edited: August 9, 2016
I figured I'd take a look at the Securities and Exchange Commision form 10-Q for the second quarter of 2016 and see if things were starting to look any better for the company. Well, can't say I found was unexpected. I've been following lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson annually since I started the site. I'm now looking at the tally quarterly as the document comes available on the Securities and Exchange Commission web site.
Johnson & Johnson Global Lawsuit Update: 48,500 and Skyrocketing
Take a look at the cost of more than 48 thousand US lawsuits pending against Johnson & Johnson.
Date Created/Edited: September 18, 2014
Johnson & Johnson 2012 Annual Report:
Johnson & Johnson 2013 Annual Report:
Johnson & Johnson 2014 Annual Report:
Johnson & Johnson 2015 Annual Report:
Johnson & Johnson First Quarter 2016 SEC 10-Q:
Johnson & Johnson Second Quarter 2016 SEC 10-Q:
The list of lawsuits in the Second Quarter 10-Q refers only to the following products and only in the United States.
2,900 with respect to the DePuy ASR™ hips
9,100 with respect to the PINNACLE® hips
50,100 with respect to pelvic meshes
13,000 with respect to RISPERDAL®
13,900 with respect to XARELTO®
1,700 with respect to JOHNSON'S® Baby Powder
Again, these numbers do not include lawsuits filed against Johnson & Johnson in a number of other countries, including: United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Belgium, England, Israel, the Netherlands, Scotland and Venezuela. Looking like the entire world isn't very happy with having their lives destroyed by Johnson & Johnson known harmful products, eh?
Although lawsuits are pouring in, Johnson & Johnson is still selling Risperdal, Xarelto, Johnson's Baby Powder without without properly informing consumers of the risks associated with the use of these products (and others) without any regard for human life, eh? Wow. Just wow.
We're uh, hm, up to what, over 90,700 lawsuits? Really? That's a LOT of victims and doesn't include ALL lawsuits - these are just the most notable!? Wow. Just wow.
Senators, shareholders, lawyers and doctors all know just how hard it is to file a lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson. There are numerous and very rigorous requirements to virtually eliminate false claims against the company. These are certainly NOT frivolous or false claims lawsuits. Even ONE error in the paperwork disqualifies the victim. The number of lawsuits is likely only a percentage of the actual number of victims of these, and other, Johnson & Johnson and subsidiary products.
After speaking with numerous victims of a variety of Johnson & Johnson (and other pharma company) products, I have found that the costs related to increased 'unmet medical needs' of victims is most often dumped on the public healthcare system - driving up costs for all of us rather than the criminals that harmed others for profit. In addition, victims lose their jobs, their cars, their homes, their health, their happiness, often their will to live and frequently their lives. Most victims are disabled and the costs dumped on Social Security or other welfare programs - costing victims their dignity and self-respect. Heartstring pulling aside, the costs of victims is destorying the economy. Closing businesses, costing jobs, creating a world of poverty and ill health. This has to end and it has to end now. (Please help support this effort by sending even a small amount of support in the form above so you don't have to worry that the next victim could by you)
In case you didn't know, hips, mesh and Risperdal were Alex Gorsky's projects. How did he ever get promoted to CEO with so many bad products bringing in more losses in litigation than likely brought the company in profits? How is he being paid $25 MILLION a year for destroying the health of human beings and the reputation of Johnson & Johnson not only in the United States, but around the world?
Gorsky is also choosing to allow Xarelto to remain on the market without an antidote - knowing 500 people likely died from the drug and lawsuits (not to mention bodies) are piling up, already 13,000 - up from 7,100 in the first quarter of 2016. In addition, Gorsky is allowing talc-based baby care and women's personal care products remain on the market - even though internal documents prove Johnson & Johnson is well aware that talc based powders increase the risk of developing a silent killer, ovarian cancer, by possibly more than 30%.
The only place Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky is leading the company, consumer health and our economy, is directly into the toilet...
1. SEC (2016, May). Johnson & Johnson 2016 First 1/4 10-Q. Securities Exchange Commission. Retrieved from https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/200406/000020040616000084/a1q10q4-03x16.htm
2. Johnson & Johnson (2012, December). Johnson & Johnson 2012 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/3461521603x0x644760/85FD0CFF-2305-4A02-8294-2E47D0F31850/JNJ2012annualreport.pdf
3. Johnson & Johnson (2013, December). Johnson & Johnson 2013 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/3461521603x0x733042/DDD2ABD5-2CC6-41D2-8ACB-EC2A967727E4/ar2013_JNJ.pdf
4. Johnson & Johnson (2014, December). Johnson & Johnson 2014 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/77771136x0x815170/816798CD-60D9-4653-BB5A-50A66FD5B9E7/JNJ_2014_Annual_Report_bookmarked_.pdf
5. Johnson & Johnson (2015, December). Johnson & Johnson 2015 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/1788288056x0x881109/474857DD-8E67-43B1-BB38-0A9712D93545/2015_annual_report_.pdf
6. Emily Patterson (Frequently updated). List of files regarding Johnson & Johnson Chief Financial Officer, Dominic Caruso. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/caruso.shtml
7. Emily Patterson (Frequently updated). List of files regarding Johnson & Johnson Chief Executive Officer, Alex Gorsky. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/gorsky.shtml
8. Emily Patterson (2016, March 2). New United States Food and Drug Commissioner Dr. Robert Califf Responsible for KILLER Xarelto. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/califf_fda_commissioner.shtml
9. Emily Patterson (2013, June 20). Johnson & Johnson Defense Against $1.2 Billion Arkansas Risperdal: We Have a Constitutional Right to Lie. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/right_to_lie.shtml
10. Emily Patterson (2014, September 14). Johnson & Johnson Xarelto, False Marketing, Lawsuits and FDA Says THREE TIMES, "NO EXPANDED USES!". Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/xarelto_continued.shtml
11. Emily Patterson (2015, October 22). How Johnson & Johnson is Screwing Their Institutional Shareholders. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/jnj_screwing_shareholders.shtml