Yet another year of a dramatic increase in lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson and subsidiaries in a lot of countries over a variety of products, and don't include many products with legal action pending.
Keywords: levaquin, risperdal, asr, hip, transvaginal, tvt, mesh, lawsuit
Date Created/Edited: March 29, 2016
I look at the number of lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson and their 250+ subsidiaries in their annual report when it comes out each year. Again, another leap in product liability lawsuits, from 56,500 in 2014 to 76,400 in 2015. Is anyone else noticing a frightening trend? Lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson and their subsidiaries continue to increase at an alarming rate. Each of these is not only a lawsuit, but a victim of a known harmful product:
2012 Shareholder Report:
20,680 product liability lawsuits
2013 Shareholder Report:
48,537 product liability lawsuits
2014 Shareholder Report:
56,600 product liability lawsuits
2015 Shareholder Report:
76,400 product liability lawsuits
The information is in Section 21 in each report.
The 2013 Shareholder Report Discloses:
1,165 Levaquin Lawsuits
12,340 ASR Hip Lawsuits
5,560 Pinnacle Hip Lawsuits
500 Risperdal Lawsuits
28,810 Mesh Product Lawsuits
22 Duragesic Lawsuits
140 Topomax Lawsuits
The 2014 Shareholder Report Discloses:
11,200 ASR™ XL Acetabular System and DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System
7,300 PINNACLE® Acetabular Cup System
36,600 with respect to pelvic meshes
1,200 with respect to RISPERDAL
The 2015 Shareholder Report Discloses:
5,300 DePuy ASR™ XL Acetabular System and DePuy ASR™ Hip Resurfacing System
8,700 PINNACLE® Acetabular Cup System
46,700 pelvic meshes
I guess Dominic Caruso and Alex Gorsky forgot to mention another 1,200 or so with respect to Johnson & Johnson baby powder and Shower to Shower talc products that have caused ovarian cancer. I also noticed no mention of circular stapler lawsuits, power morcellator lawsuits, etc. Obviously, their list is not all-inclusive and is likely only the tip of the massive global lawsuit iceberg, ya think?
In addition, lawsuits are filed against Johnson & Johnson in Australia, Belgium, Canada, England, Israel, Italy, the Netherlands, Scotland, the United Kingdom and Venezuela mentioned in the Shareholder Report. It seems Johnson & Johnson is making a bad name for themselves all over the world ;o)
Does anyone else think Johnson & Johnson may be a weeee bit out of control? It's starting to look like they make more money on injuries caused by their known harmful products than they do on their products alone!
Costs related to healthcare needs of victims of Johnson & Johnson products are pushed on public healthcare systems such as private insurance, public insurance and self-pay - until the victims no longer have anything left - and called 'profit' by Johnson & Johnson. The victims who became disabled are paid for by Social Security Disability - depleting what is supposed to be reserved for our elderly, not previously healthy people disabled by a KNOWN harmful Johnson & Johnson product.
I wonder at what point Johnson & Johnson shareholders, the United States Food and Drug Administration and the US Senate HELP Committee as well will wake up and realize these known harmful products are their products, too ?
Financial gifts to help support this site are desperately needed and very much appreciated.
1. Johnson & Johnson (2012, December). Johnson & Johnson 2012 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/3461521603x0x644760/85FD0CFF-2305-4A02-8294-2E47D0F31850/JNJ2012annualreport.pdf
2. Johnson & Johnson (2013, December). Johnson & Johnson 2013 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/3461521603x0x733042/DDD2ABD5-2CC6-41D2-8ACB-EC2A967727E4/ar2013_JNJ.pdf
3. Johnson & Johnson (2014, December). Johnson & Johnson 2014 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/77771136x0x815170/816798CD-60D9-4653-BB5A-50A66FD5B9E7/JNJ_2014_Annual_Report_bookmarked_.pdf
4. Johnson & Johnson (2015, December). Johnson & Johnson 2015 Shareholder Report. Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/JNJ/1788288056x0x881109/474857DD-8E67-43B1-BB38-0A9712D93545/2015_annual_report_.pdf
5. Emily Patterson (Frequently updated). List of files regarding Johnson & Johnson Chief Financial Officer, Dominic Caruso. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/caruso.shtml
6. Emily Patterson (Frequently updated). List of files regarding Johnson & Johnson Chief Executive Officer, Alex Gorsky. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/gorsky.shtml
7. Emily Patterson (2016, March 10). Johnson & Johnson Lost Talc Powder Lawsuits TWICE and Offered to BRIBE Victim. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/baby_powder_lawsuits_too.shtml
8. CBS News (2015, May 27). Report: FBI investigating medical device that spread cancer in women. CBS News. Retrieved from http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-investigating-medical-device-that-spread-cancer-in-women/
9. Emily Patterson (2015, October 22). How Johnson & Johnson is Screwing Their Institutional Shareholders. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/jnj_screwing_shareholders.shtml
10. Emily Patterson (2016, March 2). New United States Food and Drug Commissioner Dr. Robert Califf Responsible for KILLER Xarelto. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/califf_fda_commissioner.shtml
11. Emily Patterson (2016, February 9). Why US Senate HELP Committee MUST SHUT DOWN Johnson & Johnson. Johnson And Toxin. Retrieved from http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/help_cmte_shut_down_jnj.shtml